Tuesday, July 9, 2019

1986 & 1987 Savages

Picked up these 2 "garage finds" yesterday 8/27/27. And the trailer too!! Don't know the condition of the engines yet, but one has 8756 miles the other has like 16,000. Pretty rough cosmetically, but ALL SORTS of spare parts, once I get into them I'll know more. I would like to make one a bobber, rigid rear frame and chain drive conversion, but supposedly they "both ran when parked"in 1999!! But isn't that ALWAYS the case!!
I finally got a place cleared out in the motorcycle shed, so I got the 2 garage find Savages indoors ya know.

3 days ago I introduced some "fogging" oil to the cylinder, of the lower mileage one, via the spark plug hole.
This morning, with the plug out I put it up into 2nd gear and pushed it forward about 1 foot. The engine rolled easily! I didn't pus or roll the engine long enough, or fast enough to pull any contaminants from the float bowl, at least I don't think. Tomorrow I'll get the carb removed and clean it out .

No comments:

Post a Comment